Imagine if every movie made in India could enter the Rs. 100 crore club. With better revenues come better production facilities, international participation and a willingness to be early adopters of world technology.
As movie making becomes more sophisticated with each passing day, a big budget movie needs all the right technological elements to cater to the visual and aesthetic expectations of a global audience.
Indywood Film Market, conducted as part of Indywood Film Carnival - the flagship event of Project Indywood, is the perfect platform for such advancements in film making, production, distribution and screening, to connect with the intended target group. The 3rd edition of this tech expo was held from Dec 2-4, 2017, at Ramoji Film City in Hyderabad.
As South Asia’s biggest B2B2C film exhibition, Indywood Film Market (IFM) is conceptualized to connect stakeholders of the film industry with technology providers, developers, service personnel, production agencies, distribution partners, theatre owners etc. The event consists of 4 product categories
IFM TECH EXPO
A dedicated section within the IFM Expo for the world’s best cinema technologists to showcase their latest products
IFM THEATRE EXPO
A dedicated section within the IFM Expo for the world’s best theatre technology providers, audio-video equipment manufacturers, seating providers, and theatre owners to showcase their solutions & services.
A demonstration room holding multiple desktops for technologists, individuals and professional film makers to showcase their innovations and creative work to the general public.
IFM MARKET SCREENING
A state-of-the-art Indywood Homeplex fitted with latest acoustics, A-V features and recliner chairs, to be used as a screening room for showcasing of films to a select audience of sales agents, distributors, producers, festival programmers and directors, as decided by the respective film’s makers.
Objectives of IFMIndian Perspective
- To act as the business epicenter of Indian Films to International domain.
- To explore the concept of Indywood (Integration of diversified Indian film trade zones).
- To make India No.1 in terms of box office & no. of screens.
- To act as a gateway for international films to the biggest film nation in the world.
- To act as a business epicenter for Indian films to the international market.
- To act as an integrating force for the diversified Indian film trade zones.
- To promote India as a global film tourism destination.
- To act as a gateway for foreign films to the biggest film exhibiting nation in the world.
- To promote International locations, film incentives and benefits to Indian producers.
About Indywood Film Carnival
Indywood Film Carnival is the flagship event of Project Indywood, a $10 billion visionary approach to unite Indian cinema and take it to the world.
As a premier film fest and tech expo, Indywood Film Carnival is a representative platform for showcasing the entire gamut of cinema making, ranging from pre-production to skill development, production, technical support, post-production, distribution, marketing and release among others.